How do I put in my foot orthotics?
- Remove the original insole of the shoe to accommodate for your new foot orthotic
- Slide your foot orthotic into the shoe and make sure it fits all the way to the front before pushing it down flat at the heel
- Slide your foot into the shoe and be careful not to crush the back of your shoe
- Fasten your shoes
What is the wear schedule for my new foot orthotics?
- Day 1: Only wear orthotics for one hour
- Day 2: Wear orthotics for two hours; one hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon
- Day 3: Wear inserts for four hours; two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon
- Day 4: Wear inserts for six hours; three hours in the morning and three hours in the afternoon
Continue to use the inserts as prescribed until you reach full day use.
How do I clean my foot orthotics?
- Wipe down with soap and water or spray with alcohol spray and wipe clean
- Do not submerge in water and keep away from excessive heat
What are some precautions I should take for my foot orthotics?
- If your experience any redness and it does not disappear within twenty minutes, contact your orthotist to schedule an appointment for an adjustment
- Never use your orthotics without shoes, tennis shoes are best type of footwear
- Be aware if you change shoes, the orthotics may not fit
- Follow the initial wear schedule to avoid blisters or skin irritation