How do I put on my LSO?
There are different types of LSO closures: hook-and-eye, or Velcro overlap are the most common
- Put on a t-shirt before putting on the device
- Loosen up the straps
- Center the LSO on the body so the sides are lined up with the hips
- Tighten the straps
If you have a hook-and-eye closure, fasten the anterior part of the brace starting at the bottom, make sure the straps are tight
If you have a Velcro overlap, make sure the front of the brace is low on the stomach and the back is centered on the small of your back, make sure the straps are tight
What is the wear schedule for my LSO?
The brace is to be worn according to each physician's orders
How do I clean my LSO?
- Hand wash your LSO with soap and water and let hang to dry, do not apply direct heat
- Always check the integrity of the Velcro straps and check for build-ups
What are some precautions with my LSO?
- If you are experiencing any pain, the brace may be too loose or in the wrong position
- If the brace is rotating, make sure the straps are snug
- A t-shirt must be worn at all times
- If you are experiencing any pain or discomfort, contact your orthotist to schedule an adjustment