How do I put on my TLSO?
- Make sure you have a shirt on before you put on the TLSO, preferably cotton.
- It may be easier to lay on your side to start and put the posterior shell behind your back and roll onto it to align the brace
- Make sure the waist indentations are in the proper position on both sides
- Apply the anterior section of the brace, which should overlap the posterior section
- Fasten the straps, start with the middle strap first to ensure proper alignment and snugness.
What is the wear schedule for my TLSO?
The brace is to be worn according to each physician's orders
How do I clean my TLSO?
- Spray rubbing alcohol on inside and outside of your SMO and wipe it down with a cloth to remove any oils or residue.
- It is important to clean any foam padding about once a week to prevent build-up.
- Always check the integrity of the Velcro straps and check for build-ups
What are some precautions with my TLSO?
- If you are experiencing any skin irritations or blisters, contact your orthotist to schedule an adjustment
- If you are experiencing any pain under the arms, the brace may be too loose
- Always wear a t-shirt with your TLSO
- It is important to try to sit as upright as possible to decrease any pressures